A Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration can apply for a Sri Lankan Passport, which is valid for ten years from the date of its issue.
APPLYING FOR A NEW SRI LANKAN PASSPORT
On the expiry of 10 years from the date of its first issue or exhausting of pages of the current passport, a Sri Lankan national can apply for a new passport.
An application for a new passport should be made in advance, preferably 6 months before the expiry of the current passport.
Regular passports are issued only by the Controller/Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, and generally, it takes approximately two (2) months to issue a passport after submitting an application.
All original certificates will be returned to the applicant, after perusal, and the applicant should submit original documents with photocopies.
Current passport should be submitted to the Embassy when collecting the new passport and it will be returned to the applicant, after cancellation, together with the new passport. Once the new passport is received from Colombo, the applicant will be notified.
WHEN THE APPLICATION FORM IS FILLED
Before filling the application, applicants are kindly requested to follow instructions given on the reverse side of the application.
All the cages from 1-20 should be completed and the applicant’s signature should be placed within the two cages on the reverse side of the application, without touching borders.
The application should be filled in block letters and submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Duly filled Passport Application – I.E.35_A K Form
- Current passport with a copy of the photo page(2-3 Page), alteration (4-5 Page) and observation pages.
- Three colour photographs-taken within three months, passport size 3.5×4.5 cm. Please see specifications (No scanned photographs are accepted)
- Original Marriage Certificate with two photocopies, if the applicant has changed the name after marriage. If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka, such Marriage Certificate should be countersigned by relevant authorities.
- If the profession needs to be included in the passport, original professional certificate- letter of appointment/educational qualifications etc.,-with two photocopies, and a letter from the employer should be submitted.
- Original Birth Certificate with copies.
- Original Sri Lankan national ID with copies.
FEES/OTHER CHARGES FOR APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT
|Passport for All Countries||AED 580/-|